#160 – Building a Better Relationship with Social Media
Something that’s been on my mind a lot lately is my relationship with social media. Its honestly not the healthiest, and I’ve been trying to make it better. Our friend Eli Bosnick has been to. So he came on to talk us through his process and help us think through how we can all be happier people on social media. Further reading below!
- Curate your space. Seek out things that actually help you. If that means creating a bubble, create one, if it means leaving a bubble, leave it.
- Be merciless with the block button
- Set and enforce boundaries
- Take a second before you post, consider the purpose of your post and if its something you really want to do or say
- Think about what your phone sends you notifications for
- Consider whether or not you want social media apps on your phone at all
- Be intentional with your social media use. Think about why you’re there, accomplish that task, then move on. Think about the slot machine, the endless scroll, the endless bowl
- Think about setting your phone screen to gray scale
- Use selective audiences, think about who will see your posts and might engage, and curate your audience accordingly
- Don’t be afraid to take breaks